Our guild has 10 ranks divided unofficially into 3 tiers of responsibility.
- GEO (Gobin Executive Officer) of which there is only 1 member, the Guildmaster
- Exec Officer Executive Officers are co-GMs. Essentially a GM with the the only difference being they can be overruled by the GEO.
- Laundromaster Laundromasters are the Executive Master branch of the guild overseeing large groups. They are usually specific to a branch of guild growth such as Lore, PvP, Battlegrounds, Recruitment, etc. Laundromasters have a vested committment to the guild.
- Master Masters are the Senior officers of the Guild and hand picked because of there near constant presence, dedication, and good sportsmanship. Masters are prime candidates for Executive Corps members as the guild continues to grow along with the need for responsible direction.
- Gilded Hand Profiteer rank can be promoted to a side rank of members called the Gilded Hand. Gilded Hand Members are similar to Masters in their level of responsibility but their focus is economic. Gilded Hand members rock the Auction House. The are the daytraders of Azeroth looking to make a gold with a keen eye and a quick click of the mouse.
- Profiteer Profiteers are Junior officers of the Guild distinguished by long service, a history of guild accomplishments, and being helpful. Profiteers can also be those Cleaners and Specialists who wish to become professional farmers and work the Auction House.
- Specialist Top rank among the “enlisted class” of guild members. Specialists are active members expressing some degree of responsibility for guild events, challenges, and recruitment.
- Enforcer Active Member of guild. Role has additional access to guild bank and is a frequent presence in guild activities or contributions.
- Fencer Basic Member of guild and an Associate of the Laundromatorium of Kezan Corporation. Members have access to basic mats and gear on the first two tabs.
- Trainee Most guild members graduate after about 1 week. Promotion may be delayed due to inactivity or lack of participation. Guild reviews are typically done by Saturday. The final determination is ruled by Masters and above and may be undone by a higher rank if there is sufficient reason.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF CONDUCT
- Absolutely no harassment, threats, insubordination (giving guild officers a hard time), or bullying will NOT be permitted. Any verifiable activity will result in an immediate guild kick and ignore. In short, if someone says stop, stop; Rule #1 is to have fun but not at other’s expense.
- Promotions are given by known previous performance, merit and responsibility not time in, favoritism, or badgering. If you hold rank you are expected to be responsible.
- If you need something, ask an officer (Grimsparkle, Raspootin, Mozark, Silverflesh). We may be able to get you what you need if you have a good reason but don’t have access.
PROMOTION GUIDELINES (NOT RULES):
Rank 10 – Trainee
- Any newly recruited member of any level with less than 7 days membership or 500 Activity points (lifetime)
- Trainees that have been inactive for 30 days may be kicked for non-participation; 60 days for alts
- Trainees are eligible for graduation to Fencer
- after 7 days and have more than 500 Activity points (lifetime)
Rank 9 – Fencer
- Any member with 8 or more days membership AND minimum of 500 Activity points (lifetime)
- Active at least once every 30 days
Rank 8 – Enforcer Above average activity for Rank 9 members including but not limited to
- Any member with at least 1 month membership AND minimum of 200,000 Activity points
- Depositing mats or gold (approximately 100G) per month
- Either running instances with other members (helping or being available)
- Generally being helpful to other guildies and a contributor
- In short, you should be a “regular”
Rank 7 – Specialist
- Any member with at least 1 month membership AND minimum of 400,000 Activity points
- Coordinating more than 1 guild challenge
- Depositing regular amounts of gold and mats (approximately 250G in value) in a 1 month period
- Lifetime Activity in the top 50% of guild
Rank 6 – Profiteer
- Scheduling events for the guild (guild challenges, gear runs, PvP, Achievements) 1/month minumum
- Any member with at least 1 month membership AND a minimum of 500,000 Activity points
Rank 5 – The Gilded Hand
- At least 1 Master (Rank 4) or higher AND the GM approve
- Both agree to the terms of what activity they will focus on: Auction House, PvP, etc.
- Any member with at least 1 month membership AND a minimum of 1,000,000 Activity points
- Depositing 100G/week in the Guild bank (mats and gold)
- Scheduling events for the guild (guild challenges, gear runs, PvP, Achievements) 2/month minumum
Ranks 4 and up are basically work; you are exchanging a fair portion of your time to play “World of Guildcraft” in order to organize and maintain the guild. Such activities may include: participating in officer meetings, generating and being responsible for approved guild goals, reviewing the guild bank logs and activity of players, reviewing eligibility for promotion with the GM, recruiting, marketing, providing guidance, settling disputes, and assisting other toons so they can pay it forward. If you truly are not interested in shaping a guild or creating an atmosphere of gaming, do not apply for higher rank – enjoy the game.
Rank 4 – Master
- A New Rank 4 is eligible (excluding alts) with every 50 members in the guild after 1 month of holding those numbers or at the decision of the GM
- An officer’s vote would be held at a time determined by the Masters and the GM
- Requires sponsorship from at least 1 other Rank 4 or higher to be considered
Rank 3 – Laundromaster
- A New Rank 3 is eligible (excluding alts) for every 100 members in the guild after 1 month of holding those numbers
- Established and constant presence in guild
- Directs major development (recruiting, guild bank, PvP, Raid, Leveling, Guild Challenge) for guild
- Accountable for guild actions, events, activities in a specific area
- Alts of Executive officers
- Requires approval of GM and at least 1 other Officer Rank 3 or higher
Rank 2 – Executive Officer
- Rank 2 eligibility is every 150 guild members
- Handpicked by the GEO/GM
- Essentially running aspects of guild as delegated by GM
- Demonstrated history of success and consistency
- Alts for GM
Example: If there are 163 guild members on the roster (including alts) we should consider having the following Officers in place:
- 1 Executive Officer (Rank 2) – over 150 members
- 1 Laundromaster (Rank 3) – over 100 members but below 200 members
- 3 Masters (Rank 4) – over 150 members
The relationship is that the Executive Officer is helping to manage the affairs of the guild; the Laundromaster is acting as his/her assistant. The masters are at their disposal. Oversight works out to be about 30 per person which is reasonable to make sure everyone knows someone.